The Land Portal Foundation & IIED are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data
- We want to be completely transparent regarding the data we collect and what we do with it;
- We will use the data you provide for the purposes described in this Policy exclusively;
- If you do not want us to collect your data anymore, you are welcome to opt out. Contact us to let us know what you would like to opt out of;
- We will always respect your data protection rights and we will endeavor to give your full control of your own information;
- The Responsible Land-Based Navigator was established by the Land Portal Foundation and IIED. Statistics and data mentioned in the information below is available to both parties, both equally committed to respecting your privacy.
For questions about what data we have about you personally, how we use it or any other general question about our approach to personal data, please feel free to contact the Land Portal's Data Protection Officer, Erik Bennema (firstname.lastname@example.org), anytime.
What information does the Responsible Land Investment Navigator collect?
Every time you visit a web page, you send information to the web server. Most web servers routinely maintain access logs with a portion of this information, which can be used to get an overall picture of which web pages are popular, which other sites link to this one, and which web browsers people are using.
It is not the intention of the Responsible Land Investment Navigator to use this information to keep track of legitimate users. These logs are used to produce the site statistics. The raw log data is not made public and is discarded after six months. The statistics are available to the Land Portal Foundation and IIED completely (see below how). The statistics may also be used in donor or annual reporting, in aggregated figures.
Identification of a user: Simply browsing the web site does not expose your identity publicly. If you only read Responsible Land-Based Investment Navigator pages, the only data that is collected is an anonymized version of your IP address. We use that to trace website statistics, mainly which countries our visitors are from. This is reported in our Annual Reports and donor reporting, both from Land Portal and IIED, reducing the information to percentages coming from particular countries. We will not store any personal data when users rate content on the Responsible Land-Based Investment Navigator; this is completely anonymous.
Cookies: The Responsible Land-Based Investment Navigator will set a temporary session cookie whenever you visit the site. You may choose to deny this cookie and then will be deleted when you close your browser session. The Responsible Land Investment Navigator uses external services from Google Analytics that track user activities as per the features offered through them. This site can also place cookies on your web browser. Google analytics cookies are anonymized, meaning that we can only register the country that you are from, but nothing more detailed than that.
How long is your information kept?
The Responsible Land-Based Investment Navigator only stores your personal data when you fill in the contact form. When you fill in the contact form, assume that your information it will be retained forever.
Sharing of information with third parties
The Responsible Land-Based Investment Navigator will not sell or share personal information, such as email addresses, with third parties, unless you agree to release this information, or it is required by law to release the information. Any information that will be shared with third parties will be anonymized and aggregated in such a way that no personal identification can be made.
Policy on release of data derived from page logs: It is the policy of the Responsible Land-Based Investment Navigator that personally identifiable data collected in the server logs, or through records in the database, may be released by the system administrators or users with access rights, in the following situations:
- In response to a valid subpoena or other compulsory request from law enforcement
- With permission of the affected user
- For investigation of abuse complaints, to the Land Portal Foundation and/or IIED, his/her legal counsel, or his/her designee, when necessary
- Where the information pertains to page views generated by a spider or bot and its dissemination is necessary to illustrate or resolve technical issues.
- Where the user has been vandalizing articles or persistently behaving in a disruptive way, data may be released to assist in the targeting of IP blocks, or to assist in the formulation of a complaint to relevant Internet Service Providers
- Where it is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of any of the Land Portal Foundation and/or IIED partner organizations, its users or the public.
The Responsible Land-Based Investment Navigator does not permit public distribution of such information under any circumstances, except as described above.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or complaints, please email our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.